Halloween Decoration Ideas
Come up with tons of Halloween decoration ideas to make your house the spookiest one on the block. Whether you choose homemade Halloween decorations or purchase décor at a Halloween outlet store, everyone will love your themed home.
Indoor Spooky Decorations
Halloween decoration ideas can be used to adorn every room in the house. Here are some decorations you can make and set up at home.
- One of the most cheap Halloween decoration ideas is to make cheesecloth spider webs. Snip, pull and tear the cheesecloth, and then drape it over furniture or hang it from ceiling fans.
- Make a ghost out of cheesecloth by wrapping it around a balloon for the head, tying it at the neck with string and letting the rest of the cheesecloth hang down loosely.
- Place thin, tall candlesticks of all heights around your house. Choose candlesticks in gray and black or spray paint cheap candlesticks spooky colors.
- Position fake insects over real flowers that are displayed in a vase.
- Stick adhesive eyes to the mirrors in your house. Make sure the adhesives are temporary and can be easily removed.
Outdoor Spooky Decorations
Halloween decoration ideas don’t stop indoors. Decorate the outside of your house for Trick-or-Treat-ers, using these ideas.
- Make zombie pumpkins by carving out eye sockets in your pumpkin. Place fake eyes or gum ball eyes into the sockets. Make the sockets shallow enough so the eyes bug out.
- Create your own graveyard by carving headstones into pumpkins. Gather several pumpkins together to form a miniature graveyard.
- Dress up a fake scarecrow to sit on your porch. Give the scarecrow a happy, smiling face so as not to scare kids too much.
Outdoor Halloween decoration ideas shouldn’t be too scary, though. You want kids to feel comfortable enough to knock on your door on Halloween. So, be sure to make your decors spooky, yet fun and inviting, too.
Tips for Decorating for Halloween
When decorating for Halloween, you need to keep a few things in mind. Here are some of them:
- Don’t risk safety just for the sake of scary Halloween decoration ideas.
- Make sure that there’s a clear path for kids to walk through. You don’t want anyone falling and getting hurt on your property.
- Try not to make your Halloween house too scary. Having people jump out at passersby may sound like fun, but if you scare someone too much, you could actually risk their health.
- While Halloween decoration ideas are usually on the dark side, they should be lit bright enough to be seen and for people to be safe. Don’t keep the lights so dim that people can’t see where they’re going, whether it’s inside or outside.
Halloween is not only about scaring people. More than anything else, it is about having fun together. So, be sure to avoid accidents in your property and try to keep the same child-friendly.